Aurora Adventure in Yellowknife
In Collaboration with MDM Photography & CC in Yellowknife
Join us in-person on Friday or Saturday evening to experience the best Aurora on the planet
Alongside world-renowned Aurora Photographer, Martin Male (also the IT Director at YK1), we will head out in search of the Aurora.
Our guide, Martin, has had several images displayed at various photo exhibits in Europe and Hong Kong and was honoured to have one of his images presented to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as a gift by a local organization during his February 2017 visit to Yellowknife. Martin also worked with a Japanese Film crew who were in Yellowknife in 2018, filming a documentary on the Aurora and was featured in the film. And you guessed it; this opportunity is also completely FREE!
This event is a part of CC in Yellowknife. Click here to learn more about this event.
- The addventure starts at 9:00 pm on both Friday and Saturday night
- Registration is required and is FREE. Participants are invited to join for one or both evenings
- Participants must have their own transportation for this adventure.
- Please dress warmly!! Temperatures could be below -40 C.
- Bring a tripod and a camera (SLR preferred) that has a manual mode, specifically to change the speed of the camera lens.
- Aurora viewing is dependent on the weather and is not guaranteed.