Geometric Gardening Co-Taught Lesson
June 1 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDTFree Funded by Microsoft Canada
Using the artwork of the potter, Clarice Cliff, as inspiration, let’s discover the beauty of a a geometric garden!
Join this 60-minute lesson (ideal for Grade 4-7) where we will discover geometric properties of shapes, lines of symmetry and congruency! Yup, all that math with a love for art and plants!
You and your students will create their own geometric garden using Microsoft Whiteboard and PowerPoint.
Inside this lesson, we’ll explore the following curriculum connections:
- Math talk about congruency, lines of symmetry, geometric properties of shapes
- Create and discover patterns in art
- Create and design 3-dimensional objects
- Deconstruct 2D and 3D shapes
- Apply the creative process to produce two- and three-dimensional art works, using elements, principles, and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings
- Explore elements of shape, form, space and colour
Register your class for free below to join this lesson or receive the recording to use when it fits your class schedule.
This lesson is a pair with a teacher workshop, Whiteboard & Wakelet for the Elementary Classroom, happening on June 1st at 7pm EDT. This workshop will explore how these tools were used inside this co-taught lesson, and share other tips and tricks for using these tools in the classroom. Register for both today!