- This workshop has passed.
Creating Digital Stories with Sway Co-Taught Lesson
March 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDTFree Funded by Microsoft
A story is so much more than just the words on the page.
The power of a story goes far beyond simply telling the facts, it’s a way to create emotion, an experience and a connection with your reader.
Inside this 60-minute co-taught lesson, we will start to tell your story – the story of a hero!
Diving into the parts of a hero’s journey, we’ll break down our writing into bite-size chunks and ultimately create our own story using Microsoft Sway. Through words, images and design, we’ll create your own digital story to share.
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, iPads or tablets all work!)
- Access to Microsoft Sway (you’ll be logging in with your O365 account)
- Access to the internet (this is a live streamed lesson via Teams Live)
How is this lesson connected to the curriculum?
- Communicates appropriately in various situations, orally and in writing
- Expresses his/her thoughts in a coherent and organized fashion in everyday situations
- Competency 2: To write self-expressive, narrative and information-based texts
Next steps after the lesson:
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the additional resources your class will receive to continue the conversation after the live, co-taught lesson:
- Tips and tricks on how to publish your story in Sway for a variety of audiences
- Peer Feedback activity guidelines to help students receive feedback about their stories from their peers both in a virtual and in-person classroom environment
- Tips and tricks in Sway you can share with your students to level up their story designs
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
This workshop is made possible by Microsoft Canada – thank you!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!
January 25 at 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm EST
February 22 - February 24