Taking Care of YOU Co-Taught Lesson
March 17 at 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDTFree Funded by Microsoft Canada
Take a moment. Relax your shoulders. Unclench your jaw. Breathe in. Breathe out.
2020 and 2021 have been challenging years for everyone. Let’s start the conversation around health together.
Join this 60-minute, FREE co-taught lesson, with the power of Pear Deck, with your class and explore 3 areas of health:
- Physical health
- Mental-emotional health
- Social health
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, iPads or tablets all work!)
- Access to the internet (this is a livestreamed lesson via Teams Live)
With increasing demands on our time and energy, it is important to take care of ourselves!
Just like flight attendants say on an airplane, “put your oxygen mask on before assisting others,” we have to take care of ourselves so we are ready to help others.
This co-taught lesson is recommended to those in Grade 5 to Grade 10.
How is this lesson connected to the curriculum?
This lesson supports:
- Social-emotional learning of all participants (Yes, that means you too, teachers!)
- Intention reflection of personal progress
- Understanding of how to set goals
What happens after the lesson?
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the additional resources your class will receive to continue the conversation after the live, co-taught lesson:
- Lesson resources to check in on our the goals set over the next 4-8 weeks
- Graphic organizers to help students reflect and keep track of their progress
- Class discussion prompts to continue the conversation of self-care and the 3 areas of health with your students
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
This workshop is made possible by Microsoft Canada – thank you!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!