- This workshop has passed.
#CSEdWeek with Minecraft Education
December 6, 2021 - December 10, 2021Free Funded by Microsoft Canada & Minecraft Education
Fasten your seatbelts as we travel through time!
Inside this 3-part Minecraft: Education Edition coding series, classes throughout Canada will travel through time as they learn to code using MakeCode Blocks, Python and more!
Three Coding Lessons for your class
Code with MakeCode
Code with Python
Coding Build Challenge
Inside this 90-minute lesson, classes will complete 3 challenges inside Minecraft: Education Edition’s TimeCraft world using MakeCode blocks. These drag-and-drop coding blocks are perfect for the beginner and intermediate coder.
Ready to level up your code? This lesson is all about learning to code with Python inside Minecraft: Education Edition. Jumping back into TimeCraft, classes will complete another 3 challenges using Python, a text-based coding language.
Now that you can code in both MakeCode Blocks and Python, you’re ready for our Coding Build Challenge. Join this 90-minute lesson where your class will create their own time warp, creating the story, scenario and solution for a peer to solve.
Code Alongside our Guest Speakers!
And what’s better than coding in Minecraft? Coding alongside guest speakers with real-world experience in Computer Science. CS is everywhere and we’re excited that each lesson will feature a new guest. We’ll have representatives from computer scientists to artists and athletes and more!
Lessons that work with your class schedule!
Classes have their own unique schedules, and that’s why we have each lesson offered at a variety of times throughout the week. By registering, you’ll receive a link to EVERY lesson so you have total flexibility when to join and learn with us. You’ll also receive the replays to the lessons, so you’ll never be without.
Check out the schedule of lessons below based on your time zone.
Can’t find anything that fits your class schedule? Don’t fret, friend! Sign up anyways and use the recording to use when it fits your schedule best.
LET US BE YOUR CO-TEACHER FOR THIS CODING ADVENTURE
What is a ‘co-taught lesson?’
Think of us as your guest speaker or co-teacher for this lesson. We’ll join your class, via Teams Live, and facilitate the lesson with you. We’ll show you and your class how to use Minecraft and help if you get stuck!
Teaching in person? Project this lesson on the screen at the front of the classroom!
Teaching virtually? Jump into a video call with your class and share your screen!
Other Important Details:
- Teacher registration only, please!
- Upon registration, you’ll receive an email with the schedule of all lessons. Add the dates and times that work the best to your class schedule and join us live.
- Can’t make it live, all lessons are recorded, so you’ll always have a lesson available to you and your class!
- Prior to the lesson, please ensure that Minecraft: Education Edition is downloaded on your student’s devices. For both “Coding with MakeCode” and “Coding with Python,” Minecraft: Education Edition usernames and passwords are NOT required. For the Coding Build Challenge, username and passwords will be required.