- This workshop has passed.
Attention Hacks for your Teenage Brain
May 18 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDTFree
Learning to manage an ancient brain in a modern world is essential to effective learning as well as leading a peaceful life.
We’re in an “Age of Information Overload” and students’ brains cannot process everything coming at them through the fire hose.
Did you know that every minute of the day…
- Snapchat users share 527,760 photos
- Users watch 4,146,600 YouTube videos
- 456,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
- Instagram users post 46,740 photos
Join us for this co-taught lesson and your Grade 7 to 9 students will learn…
- Surprising facts about brains and attention
- What, exactly, attention is (and isn’t)
- When a Ferrari Brain needs to be a Ford
- The most common “Weapons of Mass Distraction”
- The myth of multitasking and what the experts say about it
- Proven tools to keep our brains focused
Join The Cobblestone Collective along with our special guest, Samantha Woods, Founder of Kaizen Education Services, for this fun, interactive, and attention-seeking Student Power Hour!
Students will begin their journey in understanding how to regulate this essential executive functioning skill, Attention!
Your Questions Answered
Think of us as a virtual guest speaker.
Our facilitation team handles the lesson planning and facilitation of a lesson with your teachers and their students together.
Each lesson showcases the ideas and strategies allowing both the teacher and students to learn new skills through modelling.
These lessons are specifically curated for students in Grade 7 to Grade 9.
Nope – that would be a lot of work and we’re all about saving you time!
Please just register the educators of your class (teacher, EA, support staff, etc.)
Please do not register your students.
Nothing! We want to keep all student information private and will never ask you to share it with us.
During the livestream lesson, we’ll be using an interactive form. The form only has two questions:
- Your first name (or your teacher’s name – and optional!)
- Your answer to the question asked
This allows us to interact with your class, while keeping their personal information safe.
Each student is encouraged to have their own device, connected to the internet, to participate in this lesson. No other prep or setup is required prior to the lesson.
Yes! This lesson will have our instant replay available. Watch the recording of the lesson with your class when it fits your schedule best.