- This workshop has passed.
(SNCDSB) Paint like a Pro with Google Drawings
March 17 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDTFree
You deserve a break. Let us be your co-teacher for the hour.
Join in our co-taught lesson with your class and immerse yourself into the digital painting experience!
Inspired by renowned Canadian Indigenous artist, Roy Henry Vickers, your class will re-create the beauty of Roy’s “Whaler’s Islet” masterpiece. Roy has illustrated many books, some of which you may find within your school library shelves!
What do you need for the lesson?
- Access to Google Drawings (you’ll log in with your G Suite/Google account)
- A device for each student (PC, Macs or Chromebooks work best; there is no iPad app for Google Drawings)
- Access to the internet (this will be a livestreamed lesson!)
What curriculum expectations will connect to this lesson?
- Engaging in creative expression and experiences expands people’s sense of identity and communication
- Creative experiences involve an interplay between exploration, inquiry, and purposeful choice.
- Apply the creative process to produce a variety of two-dimensional art works, using elements, principles, and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a variety of art forms, styles, and techniques from the past and present, and their social and/or community contexts
Assessment & Next Steps
Whether you want to create an assessment surrounding this lesson, or continue the conversation, we’ve created ready-to-use resources for you and your students after the lesson. They include:
- Rubric to provide feedback on the artwork created in this lesson
- A writing prompt to support storytelling
- Compare and contrast two different illustrations from Roy Henry Vickers
- Class discussion prompts and questions.
Our recommended grades for this lesson is Grade 3 to Grade 10. You are encouraged to customize the Assessment & Next Steps activities to match your grade level curriculum and your students unique needs.
September 20 at 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm BST
September 21 at 1:00 pm - September 23 at 2:00 pm EDT
September 22 at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT