Dear Future Me Co-Taught Lesson
March 18 at 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDTFree Funded by Google Canada
Have you Google’d yourself lately? Have your students?
What would you find if you did?
Universities, colleges and employers will Google you, so let’s give them something to find by being intentional about differentiating yourself digitally.
Inside this 60-minute co-taught lesson (created for students in Grade 7 to 12), we’ll learn the skills to create a simple, yet visually rich, website and resume. This lesson equips your students (and even you!) with the tools and skills to confidently publish yourself on the web and set yourself apart from other applicants, no matter where they are applying.
Talk about getting ready for the world outside of the classroom!
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, iPads or tablets all work!)
- Access to the internet (this is a livestreamed lesson via YouTube Live)
How is this lesson connected to the curriculum?
- Effective communication through visual elements and written word.
- Apply various decision-making strategies to help set goals, reflecting on and documenting goal-setting.
- Develop a personal profile based on an exploration of their interests, values, skills, strengths, and needs, and examine the range of factors that can influence their future education and career/life opportunities.
- Develop and apply processes for managing personal, lifelong career development.
Next Steps after the Lesson:
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the additional resources your class will receive to continue the conversation after the live, co-taught lesson:
- Access to the Applied Digital Skills curriculum and suggested next steps to continue teaching practical digital skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow
- Resources to share with students exploring web domains for their own personal branding use
- Rubric for assessing their work completed during, and after the lesson
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
This workshop is made possible by Google Canada – thank you!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!