(SNCDSB) Creating Interactive Experiences with Flippity
March 19 at 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDTFree
Are you ready to create a web-based games in just a few simple clicks?
Flippity is a fun, free way to turn any Google Sheet into an interactive experience. From flashcards, to scavenger hunts, to board games to Bingo, Flippity fulfills your wildest game dreams!
Plus, with so many careers using spreadsheets to manage data, this is a great way to level up your skills and start exploring this tool.
Join us as we co-create online games together using Flippity!
We recommend this lesson for Grade 5 to Grade 9 classes.
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (We strongly recommend using a PC, Mac or Chromebook!)
- Access to Google Sheets (through your Google Drive log-in)
- Access to the internet (this will be a livestreamed lesson via YouTube!)
How is this lesson connected to the curriculum?
- Using this technology enables students to make connections to curriculum content and how to engage in it.
Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving, and demonstrating competency in their learning goals.
- Students articulate and set personal learning goals, develop strategies leveraging technology to achieve them and reflect on the learning process itself to improve learning outcomes.
- Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
Continue exploring this career path after the lesson:
- Teachers will be given a screencast tutorial on the basic steps of turning any Flippity activity into the product Flippity describes.
- Teachers will be given a list of subject areas and matching Flippity tools/activities to use in their classes.
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!