Exploring our Sustainable Development Goals
March 15 at 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDTFree Funded by Microsoft Canada
No field trip forms required; we’re bringing the Puzzle Room to you!
Escape rooms challenge our critical thinking and problem solving skills. These puzzle rooms encourage us to try, fail often and try again until we figure the lock out.
These are the same skills needed to help learn more about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals put out by the United Nations.
It’ll take teamwork, critical thinking, communication and creativity to not only solve this digital escape room, but also to learn about how we might achieve these 17 goals to work toward a world where all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
Join in on this 60-minute co-taught lesson where we’ll explore the SDGs through a digital escape room. We encourage Grade 4-12 classes to see if they are up to the challenge. How long will it take your class to solve?
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, iPads or tablets all work!)
- Access to the internet (this is a livestreamed lesson via Teams Live)
How is this lesson connected to my curriculum?
- Your Science Curriculum
- How do human activities influence life on land, life below water and climate?
- What alternatives exist for the responsible use and disposal of materials?
- Your Social Studies Curriculum
- Appreciating how land and sea sustain communities and quality of life.
- Demonstrate care and concern for their environment through their choices and actions.
- How does individual consumer behaviour affect quality of life?
- What are the indicators of quality of life and how are these indicators met in communities around the world?
Conversations don’t have to stop when the lesson does:
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the additional resources your class will receive to continue the conversation after the live, co-taught lesson:
- Class discussion prompts exploring what students learned about themselves during the escape room challenge.
- Flipgrid prompts to use as you explore how to achieve the 17 SDGs
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
This workshop is made possible by Microsoft Canada – thank you!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!