- This workshop has passed.
An Unusual Discovery
March 16 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDTFree Funded by Google Canada
A Google CS First Coding Co-Taught Lesson
Are you ready to create something out of the ordinary?
Join us for this free, 60-minute co-taught lesson as we explore the world of block based coding while we make an unusual discovery and bring it to life!
Imagine what the Mars Perseverance Rover may find, what secrets lie in the Pyramids, or even what you could dig up in your own backyard.
With the free and easy tools of Google CS First the only limit your students will have is their imagination as we code what we know!
This lesson is recommended for Grade 4 to Grade 8.
What do you need for the lesson?
- A device for each student (PC, Macs or Chromebooks work best; iPads or Tablets can work too)
- Access to the internet (this will be a livestreamed lesson via YouTube!)
How is this lesson connected to the curriculum?
- Generate, gather, and organize ideas and information to write for an intended purpose and audience.
- Solve problems and create computational representations using coding concepts and skills.
- Apply the creative process to produce a variety of two- and three-dimensional art works, using elements, principles, and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings.
- Problem solving, logic, and computational thinking are key skills students will develop.
How to continue the learning after the lesson:
You’ll be able to continue through over 20+ hours of CS First, complete with lesson plans and activities, as well as gain access to other free and easy coding tools and platforms for any grade level and ability.
As always, this free lesson will be recorded to allow for flexibility. Register below and you’ll receive a link to the recording to use when it best fits your class schedule!
This workshop is made possible by Google Canada – thank you!
- Only educators need to register – think about it as one registration per class!
- Click the “+” to change the quantity from 0 to 1
- Click ‘Get Tickets’ to add it to your cart!
- Head back to the lesson schedule page to add another lesson to your registration. Remember to head to your CART to add all your details to register!