#CSEdWeek with CS First
December 7 - December 9Free Funded by Code with Google
Code with the Pros!
Did you ever imagine you and your class could be coding alongside Google Software Developers?
Now’s your chance during Computer Science Education Week!
Three Lessons to code and learn with cs first
On December 7th, 8th and 9th (from 11:30am to 12:30pm EST) we’ll be celebrating CSEdWeek with you as we all learn to code. Each 60-minute lesson will inspire your class with a challenge to complete.
These lessons are perfect for Grade 4 to Grade 8 classes.
Oh, and did we mention that the Google Software Developers will be completing those challenges too?! At the end of each lesson, we’ll see the Googler’s coding creation and take a sneak peek inside their Scratch for CS First code!
Three days of coding, learning and creating together
Get your Doodle On -- Taking inspiration from the 'Code Your Google Logo' lesson, along with examples of real Google Doodles, students are challenged to re-create their favourite Google Doodle inside Scratch for CS First.
Escape Room Challenge -- Taking inspiration from the 'Unusual Discovery' lesson, students will be challenged to create unusual discoveries of their own inside their very own Digital Escape Room.
Create Your Own Dino Game -- We’ll harness all of the skills we’ve learned using Scratch for CS first and attempt to re-create one of the greatest games of all time, Google Chrome’s Dinosaur Game.
AND the Googlers will be back on Wednesday, December 15th where we’ll showcase student creations to celebrate all of our learning with CS First!
Students? Googlers? Are you up for the challenge?
Thank you code with google for making this series free for all classrooms!
The Finer Details about this Series:
- Only educator registration is required.
- New to our co-taught lessons? Click here to find out more.
- For each lesson, each student is encouraged to have access to a device (Chromebooks are preferred, but iPads, tablets and laptops work too!) and be connected to the internet for the best lesson experience.
- This lesson works whether you’re teaching face to face or virtually.
- This co-taught lesson will be live-streamed through YouTube Live where you’ll hear and see us, but we will not be able to hear/see you. You and your class will be encouraged to interact with us through an anonymous Google Form, ensuring student privacy.
- Have other questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us here!