- This workshop has passed.
Become an Artist Co-Taught Lesson
January 15, 2021Free Funded by Microsoft
Are you ready to tap into your creative potential with Microsoft PowerPoint and your students?
Join in this co-taught lesson with your class and emerge yourself into a virtual painting experience!
Inspired by the geometric brilliance of Canadian Elyse Dodge, students will learn how to create, combine, and colour shapes to design a vibrant and unique digital masterpiece.
Let us be your co-teacher for the hour.
This hands-on, live lesson will guide you and your students through a series of steps, while learning valuable universal graphic design techniques and skills.
What do you need for the lesson?
- Access to the web-version of PowerPoint (available through your O365 account)
- A device for each student (PC, Macs or Chromebooks work best)
- Access to the internet
When is the lesson?
Friday, January 15th, 2021 at either:
- 10am Eastern Time
- 10am Mountain Time
What curriculum expectations will connect to this lesson?
- Choose artistic elements, processes, materials, movements, technologies, tools, techniques and environments using combinations and selections for specific purposes in art marking. (~Grade 4)
- Create artistic works collaboratively and as an individual using ideas inspired by imagination, inquiry, experimentation, and purposeful play. (~Grade 6)
- Intentionally select and apply materials, movements, technologies, environments, tools, and techniques by combining and arranging artistic elements, processes, and principles in art marking. (~Grade 8)
- Investigating that polygons are closed shapes with similar attributes. (~Grade 4)
- Classifying triangles as scalene, isosceles, or equilateral based on shape properties. (~Grade 6).
- Translations, rotations, and/or reflections on a single 2D shape, combination of successive transformations of 2D shapes (~Grade 7)
- Exploring strategies to determine the surface area of different solids using objects, nets, or digital design. (~Grade 8)
Applied Design, Skills, & Technologies
- Identify and use appropriate tools, technologies, materials, and processes for production (~Grades 6-10).
Registration for this workshop is now closed. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the recording of this workshop!
- January 15, 2021
- Workshop Categories:
- Co-Taught Lessons, Microsoft for Education
- Workshop Tags:
- The Cobblestone Collective
- View Organizer Website
Minecraft Education New World Launch Co-Taught Lesson Part 1March 24 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
French & English – Take Presenting to the Next Level with Microsoft Sway Co-Taught LessonMarch 28 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Minecraft Education New World Launch Co-Taught Lesson Part 2March 29 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT