Learning Block by Block
A Day full of Minecraft: Education Edition Co-Taught Lessons
Join us for a day of student creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking and play!
On Thursday, June 24th, we have teamed up with Microsoft Canada & Minecraft: Education Edition to create a full day of co-taught lessons based on our favourite block game, Minecraft!
With both a beginner and an advanced track, students can showcase their imagination throughout the 90-minute lessons.
This day is designed for classes in Grade 4 to Grade 8!
Join us on Thursday, June 24th from 9am to 3pm EDT
The 90-minute co-taught lessons are offered throughout the day, and your class will be able to choose what lessons are best for you!
There are three lessons to join. During each time slot, there are two options, a Beginner Lesson and an Advanced Lesson:
- 9:30 am to 11:00 am Eastern Time
- The Mindful Knight – Beginner
- Redstone Coding – Advanced
- 11:30 am to 1:00 pm Eastern Time
- Coding in Minecraft:EE – Beginner
- Coding in Minecraft:EE – Advanced
- 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm Eastern Time
- Take and Create a Selfie – Beginner
- Making Minecraft Magic with NPCs – Advanced
all of the lessons will be recorded, so you and your class can join us live or watch the replay.
Your questions answered
It’s Free! Learning Block by Block is funded by Microsoft Canada and Minecraft: Education Edition to support game-based learning in the classroom. Thank you!
Nope – that would be a lot of work and we’re all about saving you time!
Please just register the educators of your class (teacher, EA, support staff, etc.)
Please do not register your students.
YES! We know things change quickly in the world of educators (especially when we are broadcasting across all time zones), so all of our co-taught lessons are recorded.
Sign up for the ‘live lessons and you’ll receive the recordings after the lesson takes place.
Best part? You can use the recorded lesson anytime that works for you!
Of course! If you have a student who is in Grade 4 to 8, please register on their behalf. You’ll receive all the joining information and you can share that with your student/child.
If you are a student, please find a guardian over the age of 18 to register you for this great day of learning.
During the livestream lesson, we’ll be using an interactive form. The form only has two questions:
- Your first name (or your teacher’s name – and optional!)
- Your answer to the question asked
This allows us to interact with your class, while keeping their personal information safe.
Each student should have:
- Access to a device with Minecraft: Education Edition installed
- A working username and password for Minecraft: Education Edition
- Access to the internet
- Headphones are also encouraged!